Aleksandr Bolotin was born in 2000 in St Petersburg. In 2008 he began to study the piano. Since 2012 he has studied at the Middle Special School of Music of the St Petersburg State Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatoire (class of Alexander Sandler).
Has performed at various concert venues in St Petersburg and Moscow. In 2013 he gave a recital in Burgos (Spain). Since then, he regularly performs solo concerts in Russia, Europe and the USA. Has toured to Estonia, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Finland, Israel, Japan and USA.
Performed with orchestras, such as St. Petersburg State Academic Symphony Orchestra, North Czech Philharmonic Orchestra. Has collaborated with such conductors as Yoram Youngerman, Pavel Lando, Vladimir Ryzhaev, Vladimir Titov.
After the concert in the USA New York music critic Donald Isler wrote: “…He has an enormous imagination, and range of sound which he uses wonderfully for dramatic expression. But he never pounds the instrument, or shows off in any way. He is a serious artist with remarkable self-control for someone so young. Yet, his playing is never dull….”
Aleksandr Bolotin took part in numerous International music festivals, among them:
- X, XI and XII Mariinsky International Piano Festival (Saint Petersburg, Russia) – 2015, 2016, 2017
- Chopin’s Festival in Nohant (France) – 2016
- “International Tallinn Piano Festival” (Estonia) – 2014
- Summit Music Festival (USA) – 2014-2016
- International Academy of Music (Italy) – 2010-2017
- Burgos International Music Festival (Spain) – 2010-2011; 2013; 201
Participated in master classes with Dmitri Bashkirov, Efrem Briskin, Alexander Braginsky, Pavel Nersesian, Alexander Kobrin, Anna Malikova, Anthony Newman, Matteo Cameron.
Aleksandr Bolotin has won numerous prizes at International Music Competitions. In 2012 he received the Young Talents
award from the St Petersburg City Government. During the last years, Aleksandr became the winner of:
- XV International Frederic Chopin Competition, Narva, Estonia – 1st prize and the prize for the best performance of Scarlatti Sonatas (2014)
- International Mary Smart Concerto Competition, New York, USA – 1st prize (2014)
- The Path to Scriabin grant, named in honor of Alexander Scriabin, Moscow, Russia (2015)
- The 1st International Competition for Young Classic Soloists "Nota Bene!", Saint Petersburg, Russia – 1st prize (2016)
- 24th International Frederic Chopin Piano Competition for Children and Youth, Szafarnia, Poland – 1st prize (2016)
- Music Competition of the International Academy of Music in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, Italy – 1st prize (2016)
- The Tenth Moscow International Frederic Chopin Competition for Young Pianists – 1st prize (2016)
In 2017 Aleksandr Bolotin became the winner of all-Russian competition "Young talents of Russia". In addition, he received a special prize "For high achievements in music" at International Music Academy in Italy, and the special prize "For the best performance of works by Igor Stravinsky" at the X International Tchaikovsky Competition for Young Musicians in Astana (Kazakhstan).