T.C.H. IN COOPERATION WITH THE THESSALONIKI FRIENDS OF MUSIC ASSOCIATION
Music is the vivid language of the soul, thought, emotion and humanity’s internal life. It is the only global language that can be understood far and wide by all people, living under any conditions, in joy and in sadness, in strength and in illness, during intense intellectual explorations and at times of quiet contemplation. Without words, music penetrates the soul, bringing messages that motivate and shape behaviour, affect one’s personality and play a decisive role in the relationship of people with themselves and society.
The ‘Thessaloniki Friends of Music’ Association want to highlight the meaningful message of music’s mystical language for humanity at times of pain and anxiety, illness and hope, and are thus organising a day meeting on the subject of ‘The Role of Music in Medicine’. Experts from all specialisations of Medical Science will discuss their experiences regarding the beneficial role of music on the psychosomatic condition of their patients and its real contribution to the success of applied therapeutic methods.
- Α. Tourkantonis (Academic), on the contribution of music to General Medicine
- Α. Antoniadis (Professor Em., Transplant surgeon), on the contribution of music to Surgery
- G. Varlamis (Professor Em., Paediatrics), on the contribution of music to Paediatrics
- I. Tzafetas (Professor Em., Obstetrics and Gynaecology), on the contribution of music to Obstetrics
- S. Baloyiannis (Professor Em., Neurology), on the beneficial role of music in Medicine and its contribution to Neurology (two speeches)
- I. Giouzepas (Professor Em., Psychiatry), on the contribution of music to Psychiatry
- L. Boutis (Professor Em., General Medicine), on the contribution of music to Cancerology
Day meeting cycle coordinator Stavros Baloyiannis
, Professor Em., Neurology, AUTh